Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Is my donation tax deductible?
We are a 501c3 organization by the IRS.  Your donation may be tax deductible.
Our tax identification # is 27-1091802. Please consult with your accountant or tax advisor.

I want to get volunteer! Where do I start?
Download our volunteer application, fill it out and email it to

I was told I need to do a DCFS background check, where do I find the form?
Download the DCFS CANT background check form, fill it out and email to

How do you raise funds?
Individual Donations
Fundraising Events
Corporate Sponsorship’s
Direct Mail
Radio PSAs

What areas do you serve children & adolescents?
Mainly McHenry, Kane, DuPage, & parts of Cook Counties in Illinois.
Our programs can be used in any county.

Where do I donate?
There are several ways you can donate. You can send a check or donate online.
Go to our “Ways to Help” tab to get started.

Can I be a sponsor for a fundraising event?
Absolutely. We are always seeking help from individual and corporate sponsors.
Email IOLS at for sponsorship details

If I suspect abuse, where do I go or who do I contact?
To report suspected abuse in Illinois, call 1-800-25-ABUSE (1-800-252-2873).
If a child is in immediate danger, also call 911.